Thursday, August 27, 2009

So I went a little nuts last night and used all of my amazon.com reward dollars…I got a vera Bradley weekender AND tote (night owl), a new pair of crocs (ruby and cotton candy celestas like my fave choc and sienna ones), an Alaska book for my nephew (the one I was going to bring him back from Alaska but this way I don’t have to add it to my suitcase mess/weight), a wide angle fisheye lens adapter and a remote control for my Nikon….add to that a lens I’m going to have to return that I received last week in the mail, and dennis’ noise cancelling head phones, and then help me justify to myself that getting all that was better than buying a new point and shoot…or a wii. Eeeek.

 

I’m extremely excited that two weeks from tomorrow I’ll be on my way to Pittsburgh to catch a plane bound for seattle where I then get on the NCL Star, where I’ll then be headed  NORTH TO ALASKA! We’ll be going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Prince Rupert, BC. The day we are going to Skagway, we have decided to rent a car and drive to a place called Emerald Lake – what an adventure! That will also mean I have been to Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, and thanks to this trip British Columbia and the Yukon Territory!

 

If anyone would like a post card, please contact me with your address J

1 comment:

sarahbais said...

What kind of lens did you buy and then have to return (and why)?

I'm excited for your trip to Alaska! I know I don't need to tell you to take TONS of pictures. :)