Thursday, August 05, 2010

The rain, the humidity, the lack of exercise, the cheese....i feel like something someone scraped off the bottom of their shoe. i've had a headache for two days...in part from the humidity i'm sure, and in part from no caffiene yesterday after a double shot of espresso the day before. UGHHHH! when i worked for a utility company a few years ago, one of my most memorable calls came from a very mouthy, very loud woman who was insistent that her services be restored IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER. It was the way she put it, however, that made it so memorable. "ALL YOU GOTS TO DO IS FLIP DA SWITCH!!!" she insisted over and over until finally I had to put her on hold just to giggle. I hear her voice now though as I sit around wallowing in self-pity and sloth that i needs to flip da switch and get my butt back in gear. I know the game plan changes a lot with me but the plan is:

1. study for gre
2. take gre
3. do well enough that i don't have to repeat steps 1&2
4. start the Masters in Public Health Program at WVU, with a concentration in Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Women's Health.

last time the plan was get a masters in secondary english education, but then i decided i really didn't want to do that. prior to that, the plan was to get a degree in human nutrition and foods and become a registered dietician...and while i took a year's worth of classes, i found out that chemistry and I aren't friends...so back to the drawing board. but this time, i'm going into something that i'm truly interested in (like HN&F) that does not involve chemistry? (at least i don't think it does anyway) and so now all i have to do in order to make this happpen and move my life along so that i'm a productive, contributing member of society is to flip dat switch inside my brain that says "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS, IT WON'T DO IT FOR YOU" and just make it happen...what was that mantra i loved so much again? oh yeah - "she believed she could...and so, she did"

No comments: